Weight Driven Vienna Regulators Late 19th/Early 20th Century
Servicing Charges for movements of clocks in going order, last serviced within 10 years
- 8 Day Timepiece: £240
- 8 Day Strike (2 train): £330
- Visiting your home free of charge, to advise the cost of servicing your specific clock movement.
- Collection from your home, at this point a minimum charge of £36 is incurred.
- Partly dismantling the clock to assess its condition, advising the cost of any additional repairs needed. £36 is charged for this assessment if you decide not to have the clock serviced and repaired.
- Insurance against Fire/Theft, depending on the value of the clock. You will need to arrange your own insurance for clocks of high value. (I am not qualified to value your clock).
- Dismantling and ultrasonically cleaning plates, wheels, pinions etc.
- Burnishing pivots.
- Very light polishing of plates, wheels and arbors. Polishing of oil-sinks. Waxing plates to reduce tarnishing.
- Replacing suspension springs and gut lines (synthetic).
- De-burring screws and re-bluing if necessary.
- Minor repairs, i.e 1 or 2 bushes, blue hands, refurbish winding squares, re-leather hammers etc.
- Polishing weights and pendulums, waxing.
- Re-assembly, adjustment and lubrication (the correct amount of oil in the correct places).
- Adjusting escapement, and strike where necessary.
- Testing for 2 weeks, adjusting rate.
- To case, clean glass, polish bezels, wax woodwork.
- Delivery and setting up in your home.