Modern 8 day Weight Driven Wall and Longcase Clocks
Servicing Charges for movements of clocks in going order, last serviced within 10 years
- Modern 8 day Strike: £260
- Modern 8 day Strike and Chime: £340
- Visiting your home free of charge, to advise the cost of servicing your specific clock movement.
- Collection from your home, at this point a minimum charge of £36 is incurred.
- Insurance against Fire/Theft, depending on the value of the clock. You will need to arrange your own insurance for clocks of high value. (I am not qualified to value your clock.
- Partly dismantling the clock to assess its condition, advising the cost of any additional repairs needed. £36 is charged for this assessment if you decide not to have the clock serviced and repaired.
- Dismantling and ultrasonically cleaning plates, wheels, pinions, etc.
- Burnishing pivots.
- Replacing suspension springs and gut lines if not chain driven.
- De-burring screws and re-bluing if necessary.
- Minor repairs, i.e. a few bushes, repaint/blue hands, refurbish winding squares, re-leather hammers etc.
- Re-assembly and lubrication (the correct amount of oil in the correct places).
- Adjusting escapement, and strike/chime where necessary.
- Testing for 2 weeks, adjusting rate.
- Delivery and setting up in your home.