Fusee and Bracket Clocks
Servicing Charges for movements of clocks in going order, last serviced within 10 years
- Antique English 8 Day Fusee Dial (wall) Clocks: £385
- Antique English 8 Day Fusee Bracket Clocks
- Time Piece: £400
- Double Fusee: £485
- Triple fusee: £620
- Reproduction Bracket Clocks with Going Barrels (usually German/French)
- Time Piece: £185. Not including visit, collection and delivery
- Striking or Ting Tang: £260. Not including visit, collection and delivery
- Visiting your home free of charge, to advise the cost of servicing your specific clock movement.
- Collection from your home, at this point a minimum charge of £36 is incurred.
- Partly dismantling the clock to assess its condition, advising the cost any additional repairs needed. £36 is charged for this assessment if you decide not to have the clock serviced and repaired.
- Insurance against Fire/Theft, depending on the value of the clock. You will need to arrange your own insurance for clocks of high value. (I am not qualified to value your clock).
- Dismantling completely, cleaning plates, wheels, pinions, etc using a non-ammoniated, biodegradeable fluid.
- Removing, cleaning, lubricating and refitting the mainsprings, using the correct tools.
- Burnishing pivots.
- Polishing oil-sinks.
- Replacing suspension springs, and fusee lines (synthetic gut).
- Minor repairs, i.e. a few bushes, re-hook mainspring, repaint/blue hands, refurbish winding squares, re-leather hammers etc.
- De-burring screws and re-bluing if necessary.
- Re-assembly and lubrication (the correct amount of oil in the correct places).
- Adjusting escapement, and strike where necessary.
- Testing for 2 weeks, adjusting rate.
- Delivery and setting up in your home.