Spring Driven French Mantel and Vienna Clocks Late 19th/Early 20th Century
Servicing Charges for movements of clocks in going order, last serviced within 10 years
- 8 Day Timepiece: £195
- 8 Day Strike (2 train): £295
- Initial check of clock, at my workshop and advising approx. cost of service, foc
- Partly dismantling the clock to assess its condition, advising the cost of any additional repairs needed. £36 is charged for this assessment if you decide not to have the clock serviced and repaired.
- Insurance against Fire/Theft, depending on the value of the clock. You will need to arrange your own insurance for clocks of high value. (I am not qualified to value your clock).
- Dismantling and ultrasonically cleaning plates, wheels, pinions etc.
- Removing, cleaning, lubricating and refitting the mainsprings, using the correct tools.
- Burnishing pivots.
- Very light polishing of plates, wheels and arbors. Polishing of oil-sinks.
- Replacing suspension springs.
- De-burring screws and re-bluing if necessary.
- Minor repairs, i.e. a few bushes, re-hook mainspring, repaint/blue hands, refurbish winding squares, re-leather hammers etc.
- Re-assembly, adjustment and lubrication (the correct amount of oil in the correct places).
- Adjusting escapement, and strike where necessary.
- Testing for 2 weeks, adjusting rate.
- To case, clean glass, polish bezels, wax woodwork.
- Platform Escapement repairs, £50 - £100
- Replace Platform, typically £110
- Where excessive wear has occurred to Mainspring barrels and they require bushing, £35 each
- New Mainspring, typically £21 each
- Collecting, returning and setting-up, from £45
- Gilded cases dismantle and clean, from £85