Antique 8 Day Carriage Clocks with English Lever or Cylinder Escapements
Servicing Charges for movements of clocks in going order, last serviced within 10 years
- Timepiece: £260
- Strike: £340
- Strike Repeat, Alarm: £440
- Initial check of Clock, at my workshop and advising approx. cost of service, foc
- Partly dismantling the clock to assess its condition, advising the cost any additional repairs needed. £36 is charged for this assessment if you decide not to have the clock serviced and repaired.
- Insurance against Fire/Theft, depending on the value of the clock. You will need to arrange your own insurance for clocks of high value. (I am not qualified to value your clock).
- Dismantling completely, ultrasonically cleaning plates, wheels, pinions, etc.
- Burnishing pivots.
- Polishing wheels and arbors.
- Polishing the plates and waxing to reduce tarnishing.
- Removing, cleaning, lubricating and refitting the mainsprings, using the correct tools.
- Separately stripping and cleaning the platform. Adjusting the escapement and balance spring.
- De-burring screws and re-bluing if necessary.
- Minor repairs, i.e. a few bushes, re-hook mainspring, repaint/blue hands, refurbish winding squares, re-leather hammers etc.
- Re-assembly and lubrication (the correct amount of oil in the correct places).
- Testing for 2 weeks, adjusting rate.
- Collection from your home, delivery and setting up on completion: £45
- Where excessive wear has occurred to Mainspring barrels and they require bushing: £35 each
- New Mainspring, typically £21 each
- Re-Jewelling Platform, depending on number of Jewels needed: £30 - £75
- Case - Stripping existing damaged or worn lacquer, re-polishing
and lacquering of case parts for a clock that is being serviced: £60 - £110
- Spares for Antique Carriage Clock Platform Escapements are becoming difficult to source, whole replacement units are available for typically £120
- Servicing of Platform only, within 2 years of a full service that I have performed: £75