Anniversary (400 Day) and Skeleton Clocks
Servicing Charges for movements of clocks in going order, last serviced within 10 years
- Modern 400 Day: £140
- Antique 400 Day: £220
- Skeleton: £340
- Skeleton, 2 train: £460
- Partly dismantling the clock to assess its condition, advising the cost of any additional repairs needed. £36 is charged for this assessment if you decide not to have the clock serviced and repaired.
- Insurance against Fire/Theft, depending on the value of the clock. You will need to arrange your own insurance for clocks of high value. (I am not qualified to value your clock).
- Dismantling and ultrasonically cleaning plates, wheels, pinions etc.
- Removing, cleaning, lubricating and refitting the mainsprings, using the correct tools.
- Burnishing pivots.
- Polishing of plates, wheels and arbors. Polishing of oil-sinks. Waxing plates to reduce tarnishing.
- Replacing suspension springs and/or Gut lines (synthetic).
- De-burring screws and re-bluing if necessary.
- Minor repairs, i.e. a few bushes, re-hook mainspring, repaint/blue hands, refurbish winding squares, re-leather hammers etc.
- Polishing of pendulums, waxing.
- Re-assembly, adjustment and lubrication (the correct amount of oil in the correct places).
- Adjusting Escapement.
- Testing for 2 weeks, adjusting rate.
- Collecting, returning and setting-up, from £36.